Monday, July 23, 2012

Bad Blogger Update- Wren at 15 Months and Me at 17 Weeks

Yeah, yeah, yeah...
I haven't posted in a long time.
Our days go by pretty quickly lately...
Play dates, swimming, library program, and Grandma O', Aunt Sorcha, and Great Grandma Knight came to visit, too (that's a whole 'nother post in itself)...
lots going on!

Being 17 weeks pregnant and chasing after a busy 15-month old is tough stuff!
I definitely am taking advantage of nap time every day and am napping myself.
Wren is as busy as ever... running, hiding, being a crazy toddler.
We sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider about 50 times a day.
She is starting to say a few words.
She peeked in on Chris in the bathroom the other day and said, "Hi, Dad!"
Haha, we couldn't believe it!
At her 15-month check up last week, Wren weighed in at 22 lbs and 31 3/4 inches.
35th percentile for weight and 84th percentile for length.
I need to post some pictures soon.
There are a few on the camera, but not many...
I have been suuuuuuper bad about taking pictures!
I blame it on the pregnancy.

This pregnancy has been way different than the first.
Maybe that means a boy this time? :)
I LOVED being pregnant with Wren.
Other than a few weeks of nausea at the beginning, and some wicked heartburn in the 3rd trimester, my first pregnancy was wonderful.
And although I still am enjoying being pregnant, this time around has been quite a bit different...
Way more sickness (which was absolutely miserable from week 6 through about week 12)....
Way more moodiness (ha, just ask Chris)....
Way more acne (boo)...
Way more tired during the day (thank goodness Wren takes good naps)....
Way more food aversions (I can't even type them here without my gag reflex kicking in)....
Way more headaches (I had NONE when pregnant with Wren, now I seem to get them a few times a week)...
But enough with the negatives, there are also some positive differences, too....
This pregnancy is going by SO FAST.
Being so busy all day makes the weeks really fly by.
I feel way more relaxed this time around... I guess it's the "been there, done that" mentality.
I started to feel the baby move last week!
I felt Wren moving around 19 weeks, so it's pretty exciting to feel this baby a few weeks earlier.

Okay, so I have seen other bloggers do things similar to this, and I am going to try to post these pregnancy updates every few weeks for ya...


  • How far along are you?  17 weeks today!
  • How big is the baby?   According to thebump.com, the baby is 5.1" and 5.9 oz.
  • Weight gain?  Eh, not too sure... but as of my 13 week appointment, I had gained 1 lb. 
  • Stretchmarks?  Nope, and hopefully none this time around.  I got lucky with Wren and didn't get a single one!
  • Belly button?  In, and will probably stay in.  Never popped with Wren.
  • Cravings?  Gosh, it changes every day.  Today it was chocolate covered toffee.  And applesauce.
  • Latest hormonal outburst?  Oh man, everything sets me off these days.
  • Vomiting?  I took my prenatal vitamin on an empty stomach a while ago... that didn't turn out so well. Ended up puking in the driveway for all the neighbors to see.
  • Feeling prepared?  For the most part, yes.  
  • Names?  Ha, no.  Naming a human is a very hard thing to do.  
  • Sleep?  Up to pee at least once a night, but good sleep other than that.  Napping most days when Wren sleeps.  
  • Random pregnancy side effects?  Bananas give me heartburn.  Yuck.
  • Best moment this week?  Feeling the baby move!
  • Maternity clothes?  Just busted them out last week.  





0 comments: