Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stay-At-Home Mom and the Banana Thief

...hey, that kind of sounds like a kids' book title, no?
Like one of the Berenstain Bears books or something...
The Adventures of the Stay-At-Home Mom and the Banana Thief.
Oooooh, sounds so very intriguing.
...or something...
er, anyway...
MOVING ON...

Soooooo.... exciting news!
 Starting this week, I am officially a full-time stay-at-home mom!
Woohoo!!!!!!
Chris's online business, petbookings.com, has really taken off, enabling me to stay home with Wren every day.
I am so grateful for our situation!
Although Chris is VERY busy these days...
commuting to the Northside, going on out-of-state business trips, AND still working at the kennel.
Hopefully things will settle down in a few months.
Until then, I am going to enjoy the days with just me and my baby girl...

...also known as the BANANA THIEF!

Sooooooo, this morning while I was putting breakfast on the table, Wren was running around the house, per usual.
I placed pancakes, yogurt, and a peeled banana on a plate on the dining room table.
I hadn't gotten to cutting the banana up for Wren yet.
I headed back into the kitchen to grab a knife so I could.
When I came back and sat down to slice it up, I was shocked to see that the banana was missing.
The plate looked untouched, except for the missing banana.
I thought I was going crazy.
I was positive I had peeled a banana and put in on the table.
Or maybe I didn't?
I couldn't remember...
I was multi-tasking and doing about 50 things at once.
Maybe I did forget the banana.
As I got up to go get (another?) banana, I caught a glimpse of this little monkey face....

The Banana Thief strikes!

I guess she just couldn't wait for breakfast.
Oh, and she ate the entire thing.
Whole.
Just like that.


***I know, I know, I know.  I still have Easter pics to post.  There are a ton to sort through and it seems to be such a daunting task.  I will try to get to it before it's been a whole entire month since Easter.  Hopefully.  


3 comments:

Ms. Melissa said...

This picture made me laugh so hard. She is absolutely darling!

Marcia O'Duggan said...

Oh my goodness...that is hilarious!

Graham Brasic said...

Geez, we get the idea mom