Saturday, October 6, 2012

27 Week Pregnancy Update


Latest pregnancy update for ya....

  • How far along are you?  27 weeks and 5 days
  • How big is the baby?   The size of a rutabaga (Really, thebump.com?  A rutabaga?  That's the best comparison you can come up with?)... or 13.6-14.8 inches and 1.5-2.5 pounds.
  • Weight gain? Dude.  I am up 29 pounds in 27 weeks.  And get this... I didn't put on any weight in the first trimester.  So that means I am throwin' down a double digit weight gain at every. single. appointment.  Just a tad disheartening.  The nurse practitioner I saw this last appointment wasn't concerned, fortunately.  I am actually weighing in at the same weight at 27 weeks with this pregnancy as I did when I was 27 weeks pregnant with Wren.  Hmmmm.. that means I'm well on track to pack on at least another 15.  That's crazy cause I already feel huuuuuuuuuuuuge.       
  • Stretchmarks? At least I can proudly say "no" to this... for now anyway....
  • Belly button? In and probably stayin' in.  Pretty sure that sucker doesn't come out.  
  • Cravings? Breakfast food!  Throughout this whole pregnancy I have craved pancakes.  I have been craving all breakfasts foods lately.  In the past week I have made many, many egg sandwiches, bacon all kinds of ways... bacon on sandwiches, bacon with eggs, bacon straight up... blueberry muffins, pumpkin oatmeal, chocolate croissants, pumpkin pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, and pumpkin gingerbread waffles.  Over the last 27 weeks we have gone through an inordinate amount of maple syrup in this house (and, by the looks of it, apparently pumpkin, too).
  • Latest hormonal outburst?  Ha, see here.
  • Vomiting? No, but the heartburn I have is so bad that I feel like I could vomit after most meals.  Yuck.  So, yeah, just as I was rereading this post before publishing, I totally spewed all over the kitchen sink.  I have had heartburn so bad all day.  I try my best to combat it with papaya enzyme or tums, and usually it works.  Tonight, however, no dice.  I just couldn't keep it down.  Gross.  But hey, the heartburn is gone!  For now...   
  • Feeling prepared?  Yep, I think so... on most days anyway.  We have started preparing Wren's big girl room for her.  It's pretty bare bones right now, but at least it's a room with a bed (and a closet full of Momma's craft supplies).  
  • Names?  I think we are getting closer!  
  • Sleep?  Some nights good, some nights not so good.  
  • Random pregnancy side effects?  I feel like I'm a frickin' hot box lately.  I am always hot.  So that means EVERYBODY is hot.    
  • Best moment this week?  Watching Wren take care of her baby.  It is so sweet to see her rocking, feeding, and loving on her baby.  She is going to be a great big sister!  :)
  • Still wearing heels?  Oh, please.  I stopped wearing heels once Wren was mobile.  Wearing 3-inch stiletto heels while chasing after a toddler?  I don't think so.  Flats only for this girl.  


So, this is how I feel most days...


Jones doing his best impression of me...
or a flying squirrel...
or something.
Cats are weird.  

1 comments:

Marcia O'Duggan said...

Jonesy looks like a meatloaf