Tuesday, June 18, 2013

April Recap

So I'm going to try to recap the past few months in a couple of posts...

April was pretty busy here. 
With Wren turning 2 and Papa Pete and Grandma Barb's visit and the busyness of every day life, the month flew by!

Wren got a pink trike for her birthday from Papa Pete and Grandma Barb!  
She's thisclose to being able to pedal by herself, but she's not quite there yet. 
I bet by the end of summer she will have it down. 

This girl wants to "swing all day yong". 
And she would, too, if given the opportunity. 

First batch of puppy chow with Grandma Barb!
For at least a week after this, Wren told me she wanted puppy chow for lunch every single day. 
Ah yes, sweet girl, in a perfect world we would all eat puppy chow every day for lunch. 

Water bug!
Wren still talks about swimming with Papa Pete. 

We celebrated Wren's birthday with fuzzhead cake all the way from West Salem, Wisconsin!  
We used to get one of these every summer to celebrate my and Joe's birthday. 
I haven't had one in years.
 Just like her momma, Wren is a frosting fanatic.  
I had to literally fight her off from eating the frosting on my cake too.  
Seriously. 

I love this picture!  
Dad was reading a bedtime story to the girls when Wren decided that Papa Pete needed a pretty ponytail!
So funny. 

Here are a few other random pictures from the month....

Drew and Kristy are getting married in November in Miami. 
We all received our Save the Date cards, so we threw a Save the Date party here in Indiana.  
Not really.
It was just all of us eating dinner together, but we took a pic with their cards and sent Drew and Kristy this pic. 

And then we took this one...  

Christmas card 2013?  Ha!

I had to get a pic of this rare moment. 
This girl hardly ever falls asleep in the car any more. 

Sandbox play!  Buried waist deep. 

Omg. Where did she gets those curls from?!  
Not me, that's for sure.

This picture of Calla makes me laugh. 
She looks so silly. 
She kept trying to eat the grass. 

Potty training in progress. 
Sort of. 
But not really. 
She just wanted to sit and read. 
No actual pottying occurred. 

Wren likes to line things up.  
I have slight OCD tendencies to do this same thing... 
Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

Rolling around with Cal. 

No cable means watching playoff games on the iPad. 
Chris and Wren like it. 
Calla looks less than impressed. 

My girls!  

Such a sweet life. 
;)

0 comments: