Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Random Ramblings

My mind is going every which way lately.  I have so many ideas running through it.  So many things I want to accomplish.  So much I want to get done.  Yet I sit here... and think... and dream... and do nothing when I should be up doing something!

A few things that are on my list... in no order of importance... just typing things as they come to mind....

-Repaint a majority of the walls in our house.  The walls are not easy to clean.  I think we need a semi-gloss paint rather than whatever the heck is on the walls now.  They look dirty and grimy and greasy, and no matter how hard I try to clean them, they still look gross.

-Retile the shower in our bathroom.  It's, I kid you not, the original tile from when the house was built in the 50's.  Bright blue.  With a matching toilet.  Jealous?  Ha, actually the color isn't that bad, but there are a few loose tiles in the shower.  Chris is afraid there may be water damage behind them.  Yikes. 

-New baseboards throughout the house.  Half of the house has white, the other half is wood.  I want white.  All white everything.  I will settle for just doing the front room... for now.  

-I want Chris to build some sort of entry way (which, when I say entry way, I really mean dining room) shelving/storage/seating.  My dining room table is littered with coats, bags, books, cords.  It's like a catchall.  We have a coat closet for storage near the garage door, but we kick our shoes off in front of it so it is not accessible without moving a ton of shoes out of the way first.  I try to keep only a couple of pairs of shoes out so it's easier to get into, but Chris has like 20 different pairs of shoes he wears throughout the week.  I'm not kidding you.  He wears waaaaay more shoes that I do.  Kinda funny....

-We need some sort of shelving or a table or something in the front room.  There is a long wall with nothing against it.  It looks so naked!

-Replace the matting on the picture on that long, naked wall.  It needs to be a different color.  Not white.  Maybe more of a cream?

-Order pictures from the past 9 months to put in frames.  I have been so bad about this.  I have a ton of frames in the house, and none have been updated since Wren was like a week old.  Oh, and there is one frame below the tv that I look at EVERY SINGLE DAY that has a picture of me and Chris in it at the Hoover Dam.  I mean, it's not like it's a bad picture or anything... it's just kinda weird.  It's totally like the green screen background where it looks like we are standing in front of the dam, when we were really just posing in front of a screen.  Everyone always comments on it.  It needs to be replaced.  Soon.

-Toy storage for Wren's toys in the front room.  It is seriously getting out of control in there.  Too.  Many.  Toys.

-Oh, and while I'm thinking about the front room, we still need LIGHTING out there.  There is no overhead lighting whatsoever.  If we turn on the dining room light and the light by the front door, it at least kind of brightens up the room... but not really a lot.  Poor Wren has to play with her toys in the dark after about 5pm.

-Speaking of toys, I want to make the basement into a playroom!  We have so much unused space down there!  Ugh, that's a whole 'nother can of worms when I think about all that would go into that project.  Getting rid of furniture... new shelving and storage.... wall decorations... One of these days I will get to it... one of these days.

-I am planning on doing a major house purge this weekend.  We have so much stuff we just don't use.  Chris is pretty good about getting rid of unnecessary things.  I, on the other hand, am not so good.  I hang on to stuff... especially things I think I might be able to use for a yet-unthought-of-project.  Which, a majority of the time, I never get to coming up with a project to use such things... but it's nice to know it's there in case I need it!

-GET RID OF THE DAMN COFFEE TABLE THAT HAS BEEN RESIDING IN MY DINING ROOM FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS.  We moved it out of the front room when we rearranged a bit out there when we got our Christmas tree way back in November.  It was moved temporarily (or so I thought) into the dining room until a new location was found for it.  Well, here we are in January, and still it sits.  It's not even like it's in a place where you would look at it and say, "Huh, well, a coffee table in the dining room is a little odd, but that looks ok there."  No.  It's sitting next to the table, not against a wall or anything, just kind of randomly placed in the dining room... and it, too, has become a mini-catchall.  Bags, Wren's toys, magazines... all sorts of things find their way up there just because it's there.  Oh, and did I mention that there are Christmas stockings underneath each corner?  Uh yeah, we slid it out there on the stockings so it didn't tear up the floor... and then we never took the stockings out from underneath.  Why stockings, you ask?  Well because I was decorating for Christmas at the time... and I was super lazy when moving the table, so instead of going down the hall to find like a towel or blanket or something, I just reached in the closest box to me and pulled out a few stockings to place underneath it.  They weren't our good stockings, but still...  the stockings AND THE TABLE need to go.

-I want to buy a sewing machine.  On Craigslist, maybe?  I have so many wonderful ideas... if only I had a sewing machine to create such things.

-Teach myself how to sew on newly purchased sewing machine.

-Clean the rug in our bedroom.  It's so filthy.  I cringe every time Wren crawls across it.  Ugh.

-Replace the dining room table.  The top of the one we use now is so beat up.  We HAVE to use a table cloth because the table top is in really rough shape.  A table cloth with a constantly eating 9 month old constantly needs to be cleaned.  I would rather just get a new table.  Fortunately, in the load of unnecessary crap we have in the basement, we actually have an extra dining room table...

-I keep flitting around on Pinterest coming up with ideas for Wren's 1st birthday party.  I know it's still almost 3 months away, but I can't help myself!  I keep finding my mind wandering to that (hopefully) lovely day in April!  I have so many ideas... so many.

I know there are many, many other things that I want to do.... but these are the main things that keep floating around in my mind tonight.  I need to start working on some of these projects.  I feel like I have so much I want to do, but I don't know where to start.  It has actually helped to just get these things written down.  I also feel like seeing things in writing helps me organize my thoughts a bit more.

So... where to begin?

Perhaps with the enormous pile of laundry I have been neglecting for the past few days?  :)


Alright, since I know most of you do not read this blog to listen to me ramble on and on about mundane things... here is what I know you really came to look at....

So sweet.

***As I am rereading this post, I realize that there are an inordinate amount of "I wants" and "I needs."  In reality, I already have all that I really want and need... (pictured above).  




1 comments:

STACY said...

sweet !!! <3<3<3 u r lucky !!!