Tuesday, April 17, 2012

12 Months

Wren had her 12 month well-baby appointment yesterday.  
For some reason we didn't get her percentiles, but I kind of remember where the doctor said she was...

20 lbs. 6 oz. (around the 40th percentile)
30.5 inches (around the 90th percentile)

Right on track!


This visit went really well and Wren did great.  Only one shot this time around (we space out all of her vaccinations) and a finger prick to test lead and iron levels.  She cried a bit,  but nothing that a few Annie's bunny crackers couldn't fix... but now this is where I have a problem.  When I hand over the tupperware container full of out-of-the-house treats, I am faced with my own moral dilemma.  Am I teaching my daughter that when you are feeling sad, hurt, or in pain that eating is the answer?  Am I teaching her to pacify her feelings with food?  Eh, maybe.  But I'll tell you what, if shoving a few cheddar snacks in her mouth keeps her from screaming her face off in a room that is no bigger than a jail cell, then so be it.  :)

But seriously.  Where do you draw the line when it comes to feelings and food?
If anyone has the answer, please let me know.
Being a parent can be such a difficult endeavor...

But ANYYYYYYYWAAAAAAAY....
Can you believe that my baby is ONE?!
Uh, me neither.
This past year has flown by.
Wren is seriously so. much. fun.
Although she only says a few words with meaning...
"up," "hi," and "yeahyeahyeahyeah"....
she understands so much.
I feel like she knows exactly what I'm saying a majority of the time.
"Do you need a diaper?"...
"Are you ready to eat?"...
"Want to go bye-bye?"...
All questions she knows what I'm asking.
Her favorite response is, "yeahyeahyeahyeah."
Too funny.
Sometimes I will hear her saying it to herself while we are riding in the car.
It starts out slow and quiet, but gets louder and more urgent.
Kind of like, "yeah... yeah... yeah... yeahyeahyeahYEAHYEAHYEAH!!!"
I just love that girl SO much!
:)



0 comments: