Monday, August 29, 2011

Downtown!

We had a great day yesterday!  The weather cooled off a bit, so we were able to get downtown and walk around during the afternoon.  We started off with brunch at Mesh on Mass Ave.  Wren does so well when we go out!  I was a little apprehensive because last time we went to Mesh, she pooped everywhere.  Ah, what a fun time that was.... I went to change her, and of course there wasn't a changing table in the bathroom... so I had to change her on a blanket on the bathroom floor.  Icky.  Mesh is one of those places where the lighting is very dim, so I couldn't see a darn thing.... Wren was hollerin' at me the whole time I was changing her, squirming all around on the floor.  So I was trying to change her, keep her from actually touching the floor with her hands (or her tongue), all the while trying to keep the poop from getting all over her and me.  Sometimes I feel like I just don't have enough arms.... anyway, I finally got her changed, dressed, and all packed up when I realized she didn't just have a blowout, she had a massive blowout.  All over her onesie and cute skirt she was wearing.  I didn't notice this the first time around because of the super dark lighting, remember?  I guess it's nice mood lighting or whatever, but less than ideal for changing poopy diapers.  Sooooooo, I had to lay everything out again on the floor.  Ick ick ick.  By this point Wren was totally over being changed and she was maaaa-aaaad.  Oh yeah, did I mention that the bathroom was a single stall room???  I was just praying that there wasn't someone on the other side waiting to get in... because by this point we had been in there a solid 15 minutes.  Yikes. Luckily, no one was waiting, I had an extra outfit for Wren, and I managed to keep poop and bathroom nastiness off of both of us the whole time.  Yay!  It still was not an experience I would like to repeat.  Ever.  This time around at Mesh, however, we had no poop problems!  Wren just sat and played while Chris and I enjoyed our lovely meal... and momma even had a mimosa!  Woohoo!  After brunch we walked down Mass Ave, stopped in a bunch of the cute shops, and eventually made our way down to the circle to get a hot fudge sundae at the South Bend Chocolate Company.  Yum.  It was a great day with my family!  Can't wait for fall weather so we can get out more.  I meant to get pictures yesterday, but I totally forgot.... so here a few pics of Wren enjoying the latest package from Grandpa B and Grandma Barb....

Books, books, books!

Hey Wren, what's your favorite new book?
 Apparently she likes "Kiki"!

Such a happy girl!
Thanks Grandpa and Grandma B! 

0 comments: