Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tutu Too Cute!

Here is my Saturday night project.... a super cutesy tutu for my little tootle bug!  I have been keeping an eye out for Colts apparel for the chickaloo, but it's all so expensive.  They slap an NFL logo on a onesie, and can charge you 35 bucks for it!  Crazy, if you ask me!  Sooooo, I have been eyeing some adorable tutus similar to this one online... and I figured I would try my hand at making my own.  It really ended up being a fairly simple project.  Four yards of tulle, an elastic band, and a pair of scissors was really all I needed.  Cutting the tulle was probably the most labor intensive... thankfully it's a very forgiving material!  The only sewing I had to do was to sew the ends of the elastic together, and that's it!  Love, love, love it!  I made it a little large so Wren can wear it this year for sure, and hopefully it will fit for a few years to come yet, too!  So I know this doesn't look totally Colts-ish yet, but I intend on sewing on a homemade Colts logo onto this onesie and she should be set for game time!  Haha, what a cutie patootie.  She has already been a fan of watching the pre-season games... I think that makes her Daddy pretty happy.  :)



She seems to like it, too!  She may have to wearing leggings or tights underneath if she ends up having super sensitive skin like her momma.... but I think it's cute either way!

1 comments:

Marcia O'Duggan said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH.....that is adorable!