Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30!


Chris turned 30 yesterday!  Here's the cake I made... so rich.... so good.  It's a flourless chocolate cake topped with ganache and chocolate whipped cream.  I tweaked this recipe a bit.  I used strongly brewed coffee instead of water, 4 eggs and 2 egg whites rather than 6 whole eggs, and 12 ounces semi-sweet plus 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate.  I think all bittersweet would have been a little much.  Anyway, it turned out pretty dang good, if I do say so myself!  

Wren helping me make Daddy's cake.  
She loved playing with (and trying to eat) the chocolate chip bag.  
My kind of girl! :)

The 30 year old and his cake!

The 30 year old and his baby girl!

Love them both so much!    

1 comments:

Marcia O'Duggan said...

You have a lovely family...and I love you all!
Got to make that cake one of these days!