Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Love the Farmer's Market


Wren and I went to the farmer's market in Irvington today.  Chris stayed home to work and watch the Colts game, so little chickaloo and I went to check it out ourselves.  It's held the second Sunday of every month, so it's rare that our free weekends coincide with when it's going on.  We went once last year, and I feel like there are way more vendors this year than last.  The market is held in a park, so it's nice and open... I don't have to worry about bumping into people with the stroller.  I really liked it!

We ending up buying a 1/4 peck of apples, a quart of peaches, a bunch of kale, soap, ice tea, and a whole grilled pizza to take home to Chris for lunch!  We made a couple of laps around the market before it started raining on us.  After Wren and I got home, we ate the pizza and watched the end of the Colts game... and I made kale chips... and right now I'm waiting for my salted caramel chocolate shortbread bars  to cool.  Yum yum yum.  Such a lovely Sunday!

Wren holding onto our loot... I think I surprised her.

Our grilled pizza... after Chris and I got a hold of it.  
Tasty!

2 comments:

Grandma T said...

We love reading these blogs. Keep up the good work. Pizza looks good and the shortbread bars sounds yummy.

Ms. Melissa said...

How did your Kale chips turn out? I've heard about them, and there is Kale all over the farmers market downtown, but I've never tried them. Do you have a yummy recipe?